Friday, April 1, 2011

Procrastinator extraordinaire

I have been granted a slight reprieve from shed building as the Apprentice has work today which meant I could finish reading my book, the Blind Assassin. Once in a while you read a book that you thoroughly enjoy that has a brilliant story and doesn't let you down at the end and this was one. I wonder why I didn't get round to reading this before. It was something a bit like redecorating the kitchen or making a decent vegetable garden - I never quite had the time. Well, this morning I finished it and planted some beans in seed trays. I have yet to till the earth and do my laundry but I dare say I'll get round to it in the next few days. I am not redecorating the kitchen but I did clean it.

The sea beckons. It always does when there are London tasks to be performed.

Here's something at which I am quite good: Losing Weight. Here's something at which I am much better: Putting on weight. I am such a fattipuff these days. Mr Smith is going to have to endure healthy meals for the next few weeks. I am working my way through the Light Cooking cookery book - it doesn't look like light cooking to me - all the recipes look extremely hard work. I will rename it "Fatiguing cooking for fatso people and Mr Smith".

No comments:

Post a Comment