Friday, April 22, 2011

Good idea/Bad idea

Mrs Smith's top five bad decisions - recent ones, not things like having children:

Joining three different teams for the pub quiz so I got all the answers then entering on my own and almost winning. Everyone now thinks I am a frightful cheat.

Having that last glass of wine with Mark the Restaurant, served by Mark the Gay and almost ending up singing Madonna - just like a karaoke virgin.

Leaving my wellies and mobile phone at the sea - not exactly a decision, more a bit of absentmindedness brought on by the previous bad decision.

Recording five episodes of Coronation Street and having to watch them all back to back in order to catch up by tonight. I am a slave to my soap. It's quite fatiguing but if I don't watch it the poor actors will have done all that work for nothing. I fancy Steve MacDonald. I did fancy that guy Audrey's friend is dating until he turned out to be a transvestite in his spare time.

Tumble drying the laundry instead of pegging it out on a beautiful sunny day and getting found out by the Senior Dalek who will exterminate me.

On the other hand I managed to make a few brilliant decisions too. I went to Portsmouth early and bought loads of fabulous bargains as pressies for all my friends and relations. In fact I bought so much at Crabtree they gave me a free gift, a loyalty card and 10% off everything I buy next time. Ooooh I absolutely love buying crap; I must go back and get some more.

I went to see the Student who lives in a room full of camera equipment, mountains of it with a little gap to get to the bed. I took him 6 doughnuts and my very beautiful digital camera - to add to the pile. I hope this doesn't end up on the bad decisions list.

No comments:

Post a Comment