Saturday, April 9, 2011

And they're off

It's Grand National Day and I will be throwing my money away on some nag that will fall at the third, as usual. To mark the occasion I have been following the jockey's diet. I start with a delicious mixture of oats and fruit that I soak overnight in milk. It's very sweet and very sustaining and would be just the thing if you were then going to ride a big strong racehorse all morning rather than sit on your fat arse gazing into space. Dinner is meat and salad. I decided the bits in between don't count. I have so far put on 4lbs. Not quite what I had in mind!

Shed painting report: It's door and windows today - horribly difficult. Then I can do the whole damned thing again with coat two. Oh how exciting! Good grief I ache.

So so exciting. My paving slab moulds have arrived so I can make my own paving. OK, I know you can buy it ready made but it's really expensive and this is a lot more fun. Not til I've finished painting the shed I hear you cry. Oh, alright then.

No comments:

Post a Comment