Monday, April 4, 2011

Pregnant with flu

Last week I went to the doctor because I thought I had flu; I was all hot and sweaty for no reason. I also seem to have missed my last period. Oh, it's not flu and I'm not pregnant. I am 52. Am I lamenting the passing of my fertility? No, I would so hate to ever give birth again and I am positively ecstatic about no more monthly you know whats. The hot moments seem to have passed for now. I am awaiting the results of my blood test to see what I am missing e.g. some oestrogen or iron. I had a cholesterol test at the same time - that should be good and scary!

Mr Smith and I went to the seaside and had a lovely time. We went to a very good restaurant with our very good friends and had a superb dinner.

Yesterday we do what we do best, we went shopping and bought lots of stupid bargains in Portsmouth. Mr Smith bought some preposterous golfing shorts and I got several items of ill fitting clothing because they were cheap. I ate Krispy Creme donuts then wished I hadn't but they were so so good. We found an Italian food market so pretended we were in Italy and spent loads of money on cheese, bread and olives.

I walked a million miles along the beach with the dog but that was to work off the dinner. Mr Smith watched from the balcony like a dalek on holiday. He likes to make sure I am walking the dog properly and not visiting any icecream vans.

We came back to London to be greeted by A SHED! It's a bit small. It doesn't yet have a roof. But it is quite impressive. Well done to the Apprentice for his great mate's great efforts. The Student failed to send me a Mother's Day card but did sort himself out of his latest dilemma without needing my money. I so wish I could be last resort rather than first port of call. Try Mr Smith first. They both know that wouldn't work in the same way as their soft touch of a menopausal mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment