Sunday, April 17, 2011

Unexplored territories

There's a part of our house that I hardly ever visit and that is the top floor (of three) where the boys sleep. They have their own bathroom which I do go and muck out if we have a guest staying at Christmas. Sometimes, if the ironed clothes and sheets have sat on the stairs for over a month, I might deliver them to the top floor and I have been known to cast the hoover over the top landing, annually. Is it because I am really, really lazy or perhaps because that part of the house is their domain? I wonder if there are millions of people who never, or very rarely, investigate what's going on in some rooms of their homes. For all I know there could be a family of Lithuanians living up there. There aren't, I've just checked but looking at the piggery state of the boys' rooms you'd be hard pushed to see if they were dissident free. Actually, no self respecting boat person (or lorry person) would have ventured into their bathroom before I cleaned the loo and scrubbed the shower. There again, the boys hardly ever come into my bedroom or bathroom. Maybe we have built boundary walls within our house - My Space Not Your Space.

I went to B&Q today with Mr Smith who was just awful. He'd promised me this trip a week ago as he has the big car and I wanted to buy big things like bean canes. The car has been unwell and Mr Smith has been playing more golf than Tiger. We left really late as he dithered about for ages. The moment we arrived he wanted to go to the loo - I went before we left! Then he dragged his feet, didn't help find anything on the list, then the shop closed. However, I did get my shed (son of Shed) and it just, but only just, squeezed into (crotchety) Mr Smith's car with the bean poles digging into my shoulder.

The Student son comes homes tonight then we have the full compliment - the whole family. Mr Smith looks slightly fatigued at the prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment