Thursday, November 24, 2011

Anyone for Bright Lights and Tennis?

The ATP tennis was really good.  It was just as well I didn't take my knitting as it was so quick I would hardly have had time to cast on and it was dark in the cheap seats.   I was just beginning to get a bit bored, despite the bright lights, loud music and razmatazz (It wasn't Wimbledon) when it was all over.  We were sitting up in the Gods somewhere so it was a white ant versus a black ant and the white ant won.  David Ferrer beat Novak Djokavic and now I will have to watch the rest of the tournament on the telly to see who wins.  There were a few witty wags who shouted "Come on Tim" and a "Come on Andy", who is injured so didn't play.  I do like the O2. Perhaps I'll just go there one day to something like a Take That concert.  Mr Smith looked pained at the exciting music and swishy lights between the tennis games so I think I'd leave him at home.

I spent most of yesterday making a christmas tree cupcake for December's calender entry. It went wrong. Attempt no 1 looked like a cactus and attempt no 2 looked like a messy bush. Mr Smith was there with his bloody clipboard and stopwatch.  On Saturday he will be at golf - hooray!  I need some more kit but I don't really want to spend any more money as it is fast becoming more expensive than a Pirelli calendar.   Also it has just dawned on me I need twelve pictures and I haven't done one yet.  I'd better get on with it before Mr Smith with his time and motion study reappears.

I have just looked at the instant snow in a can and it tells you to carefully read the manual before attempting to make snow .... oh....there is no manual.  Oh well, when have I ever let a lack of "structions" stop me?  I'll consult Mr Smith - ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment