Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Swamp fever

Starting the week on Tuesday rather than Monday is wonderful.  I would like to adopt this forever.  It works like this:  Mr Smith hits little white balls round green areas on Saturday morning then we set off for the seaside in the afternoon enjoying a play or short story on the radio on the way.  We then wallow in seaside loveliness until Monday afternoon when we mosie back to the smoke at our leisure ready to start our excellently reduced week.

My friend, Hotel Gwen who has taken over as manager of the hotel I frequent in the West Indies, is having a horrible time.  She has contracted Dengue Fever and is dying in a darkened room in the stifling heat of the tropics. She did manage to send me an e-mail so perhaps she isn't too bad.  But Dengue is a killer.  She has fired/retired the old retainers (big mistake) and Big Black Sarah, the world's bolshiest cow of a receptionist, has gone on holiday for three weeks.  Oh, I so hope they have no guests.  Oh Gwen please recover.  I will be there in about 8 weeks.

It's my sewing class today.  I didn't go to Gay Virginio's fat gay birthday party but I did get him a present.  I got him a lovely book on patchwork but I've just remembered when I asked him last year what he'd like he said anything but a book on patchwork as he just had too many.  Oh well, I can look forward to the look of disappointment on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment