Friday, November 11, 2011

Trying times

Trying to be healthy:  I ate bran Flakes for breakfast.   I think they may have been there for some time as they taste rather stale.  According to Mr Smith  that is how they are supposed to taste.  I am sure I've eaten tastier cardboard. Oh well, they are good for me.

Trying to be fit: I went swimming - a great big long swim, but I am so fat and heavy it was like a small tug pulling the Queen Mary through treacle.  And now I ache.

Trying to be clever: I couldn't do the crossword - even a bit.  Difficult day or just thick?

Trying to finish something:  I started a little fabric box in my class on Tuesday and I tried to finish it.  Oh no.  Not one side is the same size as I have trimmed a bit here and there, so now it won't go together.  I'll push and wrangle it into shape.  You'll see.

Trying to be a good wife and mother:  I cooked a fabulous dinner - roast chicken with all the extras including bacon rolls, followed by apple pie.  They all went out.  The Best Boy was home as he is trying to avoid his horribly demanding girlfriend. I could have just opened a tin of beans for him.  I will resurrect it into something else tomorrow.

Trying to be a good student: My C&G tutor has written.  Why have I abandoned my course?  Oh I haven't.  I tried to cover the cake and do the embossing but it all went horribly wrong so I am going to have to do it again.  Also being observed by Mr Smith is no fun at all.  "You've missed at bit.  Where's my lunch? You must try harder."

No comments:

Post a Comment