Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Use your loaf

I had the whole compliment home last night - my entire family - so I made more bread.  I didn't have time to see if it was any less soggy than the previous loaf as my gannets ate the whole thing with their curry (that I also made myself). "Mmmm Naaan" they said as they hacked off slices of my nutty seedy multigrain loaf.  Now what's for breakfast? - not bread; it's all gone. Next time I will make proper naan ... and serve it to them with marmalade and strawberry jam.

To whom it may concern, I do not want a bread baking book for Christmas; I want an IPad.

I didn't alter Mr Smith's trousers, clear up my desk or the shed but I did clean the shower panels and they look much smearier than they did before.  Round of applause for me.  Oh well, you unappreciative gits I will not let you get me down; I will bake more bread. It's rolls next when I have a spare two and half hours.

Designer Susan got married very young and had no idea how to cook anything except the raised pie she had learnt in Domestic Science at school.  After feeding her husband many a pork pie she went to cookery evening classes.  She still isn't sure if she signed up for the wrong one.  The teacher was an enormously fat Polish woman and all they ever made was endless loaves of bread.  At the end of the class when she thought nobody was looking she sat down with a large pat of butter and ate slice after slice of bread.  So I will be careful in my bread consumption; I don't want to become Polish.

Dentist today - groan.  However, it will be nice to no longer have raging toothache and a cracked front tooth and a dodgy bit at the bottom left.  Ooooh I got my left and right all muddled up then. I do sometimes.  I couldn't remember how to drive the other day.  I also forgot the dog's birthday and my mother in law's postcode.  It's OK, Mr Smith kindly shouted it at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment