Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More bits

My fabric arrived for Mad Carina's Quilt.  I know the idea of a patchwork quilt is you just sew together lots of scraps but actually, unless you don't mind the finished article being absolutely hideous, it's a good idea to buy some co-ordinating fabrics.  So I did.  I had a happy cutting day yesterday and laid the pieces out like a puzzle.  Now comes the tricky bit of sewing them all together neatly and not squiffily.


I am now worried it's really boring ... oh well I'll tart it up with a few hearts or something.  It looks quite Cath Kidson meets Rachel's mother's skirt (something green and spotty).

"And what about the other 5 unfinished quilts?" asks Mr Smith. Oh yes, I'd forgotten about those.  Something to do when it's cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment