Saturday, November 5, 2011

Shoppy woppy doodah yeah

Gripe of the day, there usually is one: I took my car to be serviced by Mercedes.  There was nothing wrong with it except an irritating picture of a spanner that had appeared on the dashboard.  It cost £600 to have removed like an unloved tattoo.  I then found they'd done something to the handbrake; what exactly I am not quite sure but it felt all flaccid and not like my car at all.  They didn't understand and said ridiculous things implying it was like that when I brought it in.  "I think you'll find it wasn't" I said in strained tones.  I drove away in a bate which is still festering.

I went to the hairdressers whilst my car was having its medical and found I had £20 off as I had recommended a friend.  Oh how nice.  Then with my smart hair I went shopping.  I bought lovely things: dresses and cardies and knickers and tights and toothpaste and crochet cotton and a jersey thing or two and I was so so happy.  Retail therapy is real.

I returned to London to meet my husband and a friend at a bar in Wimbledon.  He was drunk.  Oh well Mr Smith is such a sensible chap I suppose he should be allowed to let his hairs down occasionally.  I drove him back home with him doing awful drunk backseat driving at me.  I very nearly dropped him off at the bus stop.

Did you see Life in a Day?  Wow!  Are you going to take part in 12th November?  I have some great ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/britaininaday

No comments:

Post a Comment