Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bread of heaven

When I was in Wimbledon with the Best Boy earlier this week, getting my annual Burger King fix, I chanced upon an IPad.  Oh how I want one!  I really do.  Really.  A lot.  But have you seen the price of the things?  Oh my goodness me.  Do you think if I nagged really hard I could get one?  Oh.  Maybe not.  Mr Smith is someone I would not even dare mention this to.  I don't want a poxy cookery book and a jar of mustard for Christmas ... I want an IPad.  OK.  Time to start an IPad fund. What can I sell on Ebay?

I have just made two loaves of bread and they are perfecto.  I am amazed.  My bread in the past has always been a bit of a disaster.  Even the five thousand would declare themselves suddenly full or on the Atkins diet at the sight of my hefty little bricks but today I've cracked it.  It's all in the kneeding action.  I gave it some wellie and it has risen properly like real bread.  Oh Greggs eat your heart out.  I am now wondering if it is economical to make your own bread.  The electricity is probably a bit steep unless you are doing 5 loaves at once. Despite this I would consider making bread again - it's rolls next.   Feed me til I want no more ... feeeed meeee til I want no moooooore.  Sing a long.

I spent much of yesterday and a bit of today making lavender bag houses.  There is a fine line between things looking charmingly home-made and special needs.  I am redesigning them now before Mr Smith passes judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment