Sunday, November 6, 2011

Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Mr Smith also seems to have cottoned on to Retail Therapy.  He seems to use shopping to keep him bright, merry and busy instead of moping around at home without a job.  As a result our fridge is groaning it is so full;  Super(market)man has been out again.  We are drowning in food.  The freezers are full to the brim and there aren't enough days of our lives left to eat all these dead animal parts and pasta, bread and vegetables.  Last night I made a rabbit stew out of the 4 rabbits he'd bought - Hazel, Fiver, Thumper and Peter.  I opted out of that meal, not so much on ethical grounds but I was full from all the day's eating performed in a bid to make space in our fridge.  I had managed the best part of an excellent Victoria sponge cake stuffed with cream that I had made earlier in case we should feel peckish.  I can't fit it in the fridge which still contains enough for a forthcoming seven years of famine.  This of course coincides with my weight bouncing out of control and an imminent diet of reduced portions of sensible low fat food - yeah!

What are your favourite films?  Mine are probably: North by Northwest (Hitchcock starring Cary Grant), The Sound of Music because it's just so kitsch and singing along to My Favourite Things is one of my favourite things and Men in Black for the fabulousness of Will Smith, the visual jokes and all those monsters.  I am also partial to Muppet Treasure Island, Coming to America and Pretty Woman or Notting Hill - I'll watch either any afternoon of the week. Throw in Liaisons Dangereuses, The Duchess and almost any version of Pride & Prejudice for swishy skirts and I'm happy.  I hate Westerns, big adventure movies with too much blood and anything political where I'm supposed to pay attention and figure something out.  Ditto war films except escape from POW camps which I quite enjoy - Chicken Run is the best.   And now I wonder what's on for me to knit to this afternoon.  Oh, the rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment