Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or .......?

In a bid to curb child obesity, and save all the chocolate for us, I thought I'd give out fruit to the nasty little trick or treat beggers at my door. Oh all right, I didn't really.  I gave them all tooth rotting sugar packed crap ... carefully saving all the Crunchies and Chocolate Buttons for us - "We're running a bit low so you'll have to share".  Our dog loves Halloween, a pat and sticky stroke every five minutes.  He's sitting by the door waiting for next year.  He can get that Poppy Man next week if he's clever.

Coven sub-committee meeting today - goody.  I have decreed that Mr Smith be elsewhere; we three don't want to reveal any enchantments or other snippets of witchy gossip.

Yesterday we bought our new duvet.   Mr Smith steered me away from snowgoose, swansdown and mulberry silk at £500 and made me plump for duck feather which as we all know just ain't the foie gras of duvets.  Actually, it's jolly nice and as I am writing to you from under it I am happy to report it's all new and pristine and doesn't smell ... yet.  No no no Mr Smith control yourself; I am not doing that sort of thing under our lovely crisp new bedding.

I thought I might not throw away our old one but try to wash it ... it's a bit big. I have now found an online forum all about washing duvets. Apparently, what you do is spend two days with a lot of coins at the big drum machines in your local laundrette.  I'll send Mr Smith; he's never been to a laundrette.


"Not very money saving I know but I got mine cleaned by a local firm who collected it, washed and dried it and delivered it when convenient to me.
It came up lovely and fresh and cheaper than buying a new one."


Oh good, we'll do that AND have a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment