Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ironing in the shower

We have builders.  It's a bit like having flu - very inconvenient but you know it will go eventually. They are taking out the leaking shower in the boys' bathroom, drinking endless cups of tea, discussing football loudly over a crappy radio and then going home.  The boys are using my bathroom - a joy!

I would have done very well with Carina's quilt had I not stopped to make the endless cups of tea for the builders and a lavender bag in the shape of a dacshund for my mother in law.  I did finish the top part of the quilt and gave it a quick press whereupon brown stuff came out of the iron all over the quilt and I couldn't shift it.  I despair.  Mr Smith despairs too "Why didn't you clean the iron out like you're supposed to; there are clear instructions on blah blah blah."  OK.  So he's right.  He's always right.  Sometimes I'd like to be right.  I cleaned out the iron in the shower; it's one of those ones with a tank.  I left it there to dry.  The Apprentice came in and had a shower .... on top of it.


Whilst I was searching for the Argos guarantee for the iron I came across one for my portable DVD player that keeps skipping.  This makes the films most confusing as you get the plot into a complete mess and not just the Da Vinci code.  The guarantee runs out at the end of the month and I've had the thing for three years. Oh goody, I can get a new one. I might take the iron back too but I have a feeling Mr Smith bought that and he's not really Guarantee Man as you have to pay extra and he doesn't do that.

Super(market)man has got his little red cape on again.  Oh I must go out so I am not here to unpack all those  billions of bags of groceries.  Honestly, I just got our fridge to how I like it ... a couple of yoghurts, a pint of milk and some pasta.  It was fine.  It was all organised.  I'm probably wrong, because I usually am, but I think those promotions of "Get £5 off your weekly (?) shop" are just a way of making you buy more stuff.  Mr Smith loves them and is doing Sainsbury's this morning.  He still has Tesco, Waitrose and Morrisons to get round yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment