Monday, November 21, 2011

Seaside shuffle

Mr Smith and I had a spiffingly good time at the sea. We went for a splendid walk up on the Downs and down on the ups.  We picked sloes, saw a wild deer and had tea at a superb pub called the Partridge in Singleton.  The weather was lovely and, as Mr Smith is currently unencumbered by work, we stayed til Monday and spent the morning pottering around the village visiting the butcher, baker and candlestick maker after a fabulous cooked breakfast at the greasy spade.

I feel really refreshed by the sea air and ready for some serious trouser alteration as I messed it up last week and have absolutely promised Mr Smith his trousers, at a proper length, by tomorrow.

Sensible Alison just rang to invite me to eat mermaid or something equally expensive her husband caught or shot on one of his safaris to Scotland.  I know she has a whole deer in her freezer.  Oooh mind the antlers.  Anyway, I thought it was my turn to have them to dinner so I'll send Super(market)man out then open a tin of something on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment