Monday, October 31, 2011

Time and tide ... wait for me!

BST, GMT, Daylight saving, Spring Forward, Fall Back - God, I don't know; it's all horribly confusing. I know I can be a bit slow going downstairs as I stop to chat to the houseplants, giving them a little prune and a sip of water, but I'm sure it doesn't take a whole hour.  I suppose we'll get synchronised eventually.  The dog is permanently hungry - well nothing new there - and I am constantly tired except in the morning when I am rearing to go.  Also when's elevenses?  Is it the new elevenses at tensies or is it twelvsies which puts out my lunch.  Add permanently hungry to my other jet lag symptoms.  Isn't the whole thing designed simply to annoy the Scots and keep them in the dark?  It's certainly confusing me.  I think the only solution is to hibernate until they change the clocks back again.  I am taking Mr Smith to John Lewis today to buy a new duvet for this very purpose.

I've had some very odd dreams lately.  On Saturday night I had to dig the long jump pitch for the Olympics; I did quite a good job actually.  On Friday night I won X Factor and married Simon Cowell which made Gary Barlow jealous. Last night I had to finish the chocolate cake - that was a nightmare.


The recipe: Masses and masses of chocolate, eggs, butter, sugar, double cream, condensed milk, golden syrup, more sugar, more chocolate, more butter, icing sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate flakes, chocolate buttons and a birthday candle. Cook some of it then combine all remaining ingredients in an interesting way and eat.  I feel so sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment