Saturday, May 14, 2011

Boosting Rolls

On my last foray to Costco I bought the Student a box of 48 Cadbury's Boosts which I delivered to him today; well, what's left of them. He says they work well as currency and he's a bit behind on an essay. I am quite pleased to see them go as it was getting hard to ration oneself to a mere one Boost and they were becoming my "five a day".

I went to the cake decorating supply shop in Farnham and spent a rather silly amount of money on devices and colours and bits for cup cake making. This is with some purpose as Arty Antonia is having a fund raiser - for herself - next weekend and I promised to donate a cake or two (24 actually). It's not really for herself; it's for her brilliant art that portrays her incredible first hand insight into death. No she's not dead. I'm not explaining this very well but the fundraiser is so that you too will be able to see her work in a venue somewhere near you in the future or, failing that, a film about it. Anyway, look on her website: Antonia Rolls. Just Google her, you can't miss her, and her art is fabulous and she is also jolly nice and she is probably reading this so please just go to www.antoniarolls.co.uk. Consider yourself plugged, Rolls, to both my readers, one of which is you!

Here is a picture of me by Antonia - no I'm not dead either.

1 comment:

  1. Annabel you are a star thank you. You were the first to commission a portrait before everyone else when we were both starting out, showing lots of trust I have to say. I will photo my 24 cakes and miss each one when it is sold. Thank you Annabel

    ReplyDelete