Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Crumbling marriage

Didn't make it to Zumba as I had to prepare Vegetarian Tuesday's offering. A vegetable risottoish thing emerged followed by rhubarb crumble. Mr Smith had a rhubarb tantrum when he got home as I hadn't prepared his rhubarb, as instructed earlier in the day. He threw it in the bin. I took it out again and made him cut it up. "How?" Well, you take a knife and chop it. "The knife doesn't work." I bet it does if I plunge it into your thigh, thinks I. Oh marital bliss. But it was a jolly good crumble served with lashings of cream and ice cream and we all ate too much as we congratulated each other on our brilliant culinary efforts "Well chopped", "Well crumbled". Mr & Mrs Smith make a great team.

I had a totally exhausting brainwave in the afternoon; moving the vegetable garden around. I am not sure my lettuces will ever forgive me - they look rather pissed off. Anyway, I got the Apprentice to help me and we heaved earth and laid (home made) paving and it now looks rather splendid. There is the odd design fault but we are getting there. Lettuces, please perk up a bit.

The Lovely Claudia is coming to play today so I will not be working quite so hard. Time for a bit of R&R. I must dash and finish painting that sodding dresser. Mr Smith liked it better before. I think I might have done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment