Monday, May 2, 2011

Dressing down

I hate our pine dresser. It screams 1980 something at me and should be in a twee cottage somewhere rather than in our smart London house. However, on second thoughts I have decided to keep our dreadful pine dresser but give it a facelift. This will be the first project carried out in our new shed. Mr Smith is sighing deeply as if I had made this decision yesterday he wouldn't have had to waste so many hours being dragged around antique shops today. I thought they were valuable hours spent together disagreeing about what horrible things not to have in our house. In the Kingston Antiques Market we met a friend, Penny. She is a fellow golf widow and was delighted to see us. She was also very impressed as well as slightly jealous of Mr and Mrs Smith shopping together. I tried to assure her this was a rare occurrence as usually Mr Smith would be playing golf with her husband and very seldom goes anywhere with his wife unless she looks like spending money on unsuitable pieces of furniture. She looked at us as though we were something sweet so we held hands and looked obligingly soppy. No we didn't.

There was a fabulously good deal on Cadbury's cream eggs in Sainsbury's so Mr Smith bought twelve and I ate them. Well, not all of them ... exactly. The boys helped .... a bit. How many Cadbury's cream eggs is too many? I'll have another one and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment