Friday, May 6, 2011

Internet Date

Mr Smith sent me an e-mail yesterday inviting me out to dinner tonight. Gosh - what shall I wear? It's probably MacDonalds so I won't get my hair done.

We have electricity in the shed. Weyhey. The Apprentice son is after all an apprentice electrician, which is why we now don't have any electricity in our house.

I ache. However, our garden is looking better - well dug, and all my vegetables are looking perfect until something comes and digs them up or eats them. The dresser is almost completely stripped. Having sanded away for hours and hours I resorted to stripper and scraper. There is now a colour dispute. The Apprentice wants dark red called Eating Room Red - apt but too difficult to paint. I want Card Room Green - a bit too dark. Mr Smith chose two perfect shades with an either/or approach that seemed just the thing.

Mrs Smith's good deed of the day: On Freecycle there was a request for mugs from a bride to be who found the church hall where they are having their do has no mugs or cups. Oh dear. I have just replaced ours so am able to give away all our old ones. If I root around in the attic I'll probably find a load more. I wonder if they'd like some biscuits too - my overbuy at Costco was serious.

And so to plant. Geraniums in hay thingies and up the wall, busylizzies everywhere else. Time for a bit of colour in my garden other than a couple of blue sheds.

No comments:

Post a Comment