Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dental delights

Horrible happening of the day: I have to go to the dentist. However, I no longer have to go via loads of furniture emporiums looking for a dresser replacement for our dining room. I have to go to the paint shop and consult Messrs Farrow & Ball who I see do a special paint suitable for people modernising their 1980s dressers. I am really excited by this project and can't wait to get started. The Apprentice has to finish insulating the shed first as it looks like a load of dead hamsters have been stuck to the ceiling at the moment. He has to cover this up so I don't get fibreglass/hamster particles on my skin or dresser.

I have to take the dog to the vet to cancel his appointment as I will be at the dentist. Diary keeping never was quite my forte. He has an itchy nose which has lost all its fur - the poor animal looks like a overloved teddy bear.

Tomorrow is the excitement of my Spring. As a post dentist treat I am going to Costco with the Lovely Claudia (as long as she can make it). I love Costco. It's just massive and full of billions of things you never knew you wanted til you see them. And it's all in bulk. 24 camemberts suddenly vie for trolly space with my 18 fairy liquids, 36 toothpastes, 12 jams and 25 packs of frozen prawns, not forgetting 64 Cadbury's Boosts (requested by my sons). Mustn't forget dogfood and deodorants. Mr Smith despairs but is so pleased I don't take him to Costco he just sighs at the sight of me trying to ram all my purchases into cupboards still brimming with my previous purchases; we still haven't got through the five enormous boxes of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes I bought last year. Perhaps we could finish insulating the shed with them.

On a serious note, Nurse Jackie has been found out. That just has to be the best medical tv series ever ever made. If you don't know what I'm on about join Mr Smith who goes to bed the moment it's on. I sit there willing Jackie to take more drugs and tell more lies and she always does. More please.

No comments:

Post a Comment