Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mrs Smith on the rocks

I went to the seaside to pick up some more pebbles for a better pebble mosaic.  My spade & fork effort was so poor I thought it would be better off dead so I redistributed it to the wheelbarrow and other receptacles.  I decided to have a more scientific approach to this pebble collecting so I took a scale thingy and measured each pebble on the beach.  After about ten pebbles both the Apprentice and I gave up and joined Banjo Tony and his sidekick, Young Rob, in the pub.  We then went to the garden centre and were so horrified at the price of bags of pebbles we went back to the beach and stole a few more.

Mr Smith rang "Baddies have broken into our garden and completely messed up your pebble mosaic."  Oh, that's a shame.  I hardly dared confess it was me considering how long it took me to make the stupid thing.

I selfishly made Tony drive the Apprentice to Portsmouth to catch his ferry.  I prepared coq au vin in the slow cooker followed by a strawberry cheesecake.  I was suddenly someone else's wife and mother ... OH NO.  We had been out for a curry the night before along with a few friends and he had very kindly paid.  Afterwards, the weirdest thing happened:  A man in the pub wanted to buy everyone a drink.  The pub was empty except us. He had wodges of cash and wanted to share his good fortune with us by buying us all drinks.  But we didn't want any drinks.  We had been drinking all afternoon and all evening and wanted to go home.  He wouldn't tell us how he came by the money; of course we are all bursting to know.  Perhaps he stole it?  I'll find out next week and let you know.

At the Shore Inn I have a drink that is my very own and has my name.  It's catching on as people say "Oh, I want one of those."  Copy cats. It's a pink wine spritzer with lots of ice in a lovely big glass and it looks so pretty.  I have a bit of a hangover as too many of these delicious elixirs don't entirely agree with me.  I now need to have a little nap so I am fresh as a daisy when Mr Smith returns from golf.  He notes that I find all that sea air rather tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment