Sunday, May 15, 2011

Coming up Roses

On my return from the cake decorating supplies shop the Apprentice greeted me with "Mum, can you make a dozen cupcakes really quickly for Georgie's birthday tonight?" Oh I suppose so. I like Georgie. She was a bit enfant terrible at school but, now she is working, is far more sensible than any of his other old school friends. So I spent the next two hours covering my kitchen in pink icing and sparkle (yes, my cakes sparkle) and dashed off 12 pretty little pink cakes with roses on top. "Oh, I can't take the cakes because we are going to a club." I'll club you ... to death. In the end I dropped him off in Putney with the cakes in the rain and I haven't seen him since. Maybe he got duffed over by hungry muggers; maybe other clubbers ate the cakes. Anyway, I hope Georgie liked them and actually managed to save one for herself.


I always know when Mr Smith is up to something as he volunteers to go to the tip with all our rubbish. He is zealous in his purging of all things superfluous and you have to screw things down to stop him throwing them away. I sent him off with a few bags (big ones) full of weeds and choppings. He then volunteered to take me pebble shopping as I had run out of stones for my pebble mosaic and the sea is a bit far away. I then discovered he had planned a whole three weekends of non-stop golf. Oh well, I'll just have to amuse myself with pebble mosaicing the entire garden.

Well done Azerbaijan, bad luck Stoke. I couldn't actually pinpoint either of you on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment