Thursday, May 5, 2011

Order of the day

Costco was like waking up in retail heaven. My good buys were things like many a Fairy Liquid and ketchups. My bad buys: almost everything else I crammed into my trolley including most of a pig, all its ribs and bacon forever. I also seem to have overdone the biscuits. When we opened the box there were layers and layers of assorted biccies including those lovely ones with the jam and stuff that looks like sawdust and butter - divine. I got the Apprentice to hide them from Mr Smith.

I started painting the dining room dresser white. I sanded it and primed a couple of drawers. "No, we don't like white. Can we choose a different colour?" Oh well, back to the drawing board, or rather the paint shop, for me.

The Shed progression is always held up by the order of things. The Apprentice can't put anything much in there until the ceiling is up; the ceiling can't go up until the plasterboard is painted - so I painted it - but it can't go up before the lights go in. The lights can't go in until the electricity is in. The electricity can't go in because he needs a different bit and he can't get it because his car is in the garage and anyway he has to wait in for the lights to arrive. Meanwhile I have to fall over all his clobber in the playroom where I want to paint the dresser. I am beginning to hate this damned shed. And it all costs so much money.

Why doesn't it rain? Ever? It is pretty handy for doing outside jobs and I painted ten large pieces of plasterboard outside yesterday. I did a good job as a zillion greenfly came to tell me. I adopted a sort of Buddhist approach to removing them as I discovered they have green blood that marks the plasterboard. I was being a bit perfect about it all forgetting it is for the Shed not the Sistine chapel ceiling. I bet Michaelangelo didn't have to put up with greenfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment