Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Speedy dieting

I had a masterplan all worked out for the time the Apprentice was away in France.  I thought I would remake and finish my pebble mosaic instead of which I have recovered from a hangover and started a new diet.  Well, actually I haven't started a new diet yet but I am getting a bit porky so it's time to replace biscuits with swimming - you know the sort of thing.

Mr Smith is getting us a faster internet connection.   I can't think why as he never uses the internet; he doesn't know how; (maybe he's learnt and is taking up internet dating - Oh no.)   However, I welcome faster internet as one currently has to crank the handle to make it work in this house.  I am so fed up with it just going at the speed of a paraplegic snail with flu.  No more buffetting on You Tube?  Bet there is.  Anyway, I'll be far too busy in the gym to even think about using the computer.... except looking up a new diet.

My friend Pru has children and husband with ADHD - Attention deficiency and behavioural problems despite them being very bright.  (Think mad professors with unmatching socks.)  They take pills to make them better.  To be honest after having her to stay I felt as if I had every symptom with acute fatigue to boot. My boys both have the attention span of goldfish, especially the Student, but I am not terribly keen on labelling.  I probably always knew the Student was dyslexic but didn't want him to use the label like a prop to ballast his laziness.  Once he was diagnosed that immediately gave him an excuse to never get any assignment in on time or even strive to.  Mr Smith refers to his dissertation as The Hesitation.  I just think he should try a bit harder especially now that the University have given him a state-of-the-art computer.... for free.  The way I see it is his diagnosed dyslexia has given him gifts and an excuse to be even lazier.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe he does need every aid, along with a kick up the backside from his fearsome mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment