Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Have I got a bruise for you

One reason for Monday's complete inertia was not entire idleness; it was more forced rest as I am injured and have a hurt bit of leg.  A very heavy chopping board fell over onto the back of my calf last week and it was very painful.  I did much wailing of bad words and hopping and ow-ow-owing.  The Apprentice was kind.  Mr Smith was his usual sympathetic self  "They shoot horses".  The pain didn't really go away and it isn't until now that the bruising has appeared it feels at all better.  It still hurts.  Mr Smith's concern stretched to  "How  careless",  When I was moving that painted dresser I moved the board temporarily against a chair and it toppled over onto the back of my leg.  Silly me.  I want to show you my bruise, sorry if some of you are of sensitive natures; I can't find an open-only if-you're-brave option ... so here it is:-

`
Yes, I know my calves are fat, they grew into cows many years ago and it was very tempting to stretch the picture so you would think I have elegant trim little ankles - dream on.  In this instance I was probably saved by my fatness because if I had skinny little matchstick legs like everyone else I'm sure I would have broken a bone.

It's not a very good picture.  You try taking a photo of the back of your leg; unless you're Darcy Bussell it's mighty tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment