Monday, May 9, 2011

Garden furniture


Undercoating the dining room dresser is going well despite the paintshop losing my paint and me running out of undercoat. I bet it wasn't all straight sailing for Michaelangelo either. Painting the dresser in the garden has made me think how great it would be to have odd bits of furniture in the flower beds with flowers growing out of all the drawers. I will keep my eyes open for an unwanted monstrosity on Freecycle. Is this really really mad?

Now, I am having a serious think about our pebble mosaic and I am going to Wandsworth to collect some pebbles from Hattie on Freecycle. She wanted me to go yesterday then announced they are mixed with lots of mud - I am rapidly going off the idea but I have to go that way for rose spray and farmyard manure so I may as well pick up some muddy free pebbles. Gosh my life is fun!

However, when my garden is looking spectacular and my paths are pebbly and my furniture is painted you can all come round and admire and I will feel so satisfied. In the meantime it's repositioning some of the raised beds, laying the paving slabs and crying of exhaustion for me whilst Mr Smith gazes on admiringly from the comfort of his garden lounger that I have just teak oiled. Must dash and do the ironing, cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening and painting.

1 comment:

  1. Whoops my pr nonsense about making earrings or ironing when my lady comes pales into insignificance here! Bet Mr Smith secretly brags about you to his friends and makes them all jealous.

    ReplyDelete