Sunday, May 8, 2011

They will survive

Mr Smith did digging - my back hardly aches at all. I suspect this is a one off so I will have to speak severely to the weeds to ensure they don't grow back. I am now going to watch "How to get your husband and son to lay a path" on YouTube. The first one I looked at involved diggers on a housing estate not a small vegetable garden with the raised beds in the wrong places. I also need to move the husband along a bit to the next weed.

These really weird packs of live slug killer have arrived. You have to store them in the fridge then water them into your flower beds and little creatures come alive and kill the slugs. I imagine them like micro sized ninja warriors. I bet they don't work. They'll have some sort of ceasefire and the slugs will burst into Gloria Gaynor song.

Dilemma du jour: I have grown tired of barbequed food. This is a shame as it means the onus of producing inedible meals falls on me. I did a pork/garlic roasty thing on Saturday and I can still taste the garlic. It was pretty horrible but has great potential. I could make it without the garlic and add something else; not marshmallows or candied peel but maybe parsley, thyme and mushrooms. Meanwhile we will return to our normal diet of burnt sausages. I'll sprinkle them with a bit of live slug killer from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment