Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two Hundred Quid

Yesterday whilst I was pottering in my potager, as one does, the Student returned from his University and sneaked up on me giving me quite a turn.  "What's for lunch?"  and it's nice to see you too.

"Got any money?"  Yes, thank you student son, dear.  Why were you going to give me some?
"I've got a project and I need money."  So have I, it's called my life.

After several Have you gots?  As in  "Have you got a lens carrier?" - No because you already took it. "A key chain, a poster tube, a tripod and a generator?",  I gave him all my money.  Why? To make him go away.  I went back to pottering.  Later there was a desperate telephone call "Mum, you know that money you gave me?"  Intimately, I had become fond of it and was going to spend it something special.  "Well, I've lost it.  I must have left it on the train."

It's in your pocket.  "No it isn't I looked, honestly."  It's in the left pocket of your hoodie. (Student uniform).
No, it isn't cos I had it on the journey,  I took it out of my backback and counted it then I must have left it on the train."  Look in your pocket you stupid little oik.  "Oh, yeah, how did it get here?  Mum, you're brilliant."  I know, I'm your mother.  Now put that money in a safe place.  Where is it now?  "Oh I dunno, I've put it down somewhere in my room and I can't find it."  It's on your bed.  "Oh yeah, how did you know that?" It's probably the only bit of your room not covered in dirty plates.  Now put it in your bedside drawer ... NOW.... and leave me alone.

I love him really, or I wouldn't have given him the money and it's quite nice that he thinks I'm psychic.

No comments:

Post a Comment