Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chocolate construction

Mr Smith took me and the dog to golf.  We went to a course by the seaside and I had a go at hitting.  Actually, it's not as difficult as I had imagined.  Of course Mr Smith didn't give me the right tool; I had a spindly little iron but I did the best I could.  He then took out something that looked like a weapon of mass destruction and whacked the ball into the totosphere.  That was the end of my golf.  Luckily he had a friend to play with.

We then went to Sissinghurst where I proudly waved my National Trust card and went in for free whilst Mr Smith had to pay an absolute fortune.  He then pointed out that, as this is the only National Trust property I have visited this year, I actually paid three times what he paid.  Oh well, I will have to quickly whizz round all the ones that are still open.  This will be a busy day as they mostly close at the end of October.

It's the BB's birthday.  He is 22.  I have made him a chocolate cake.  It involved making a chocolate cake, cutting it up and pouring toffee all over it then some chocolate icing.  However, it didn't go quite as smoothly as that.  It got stuck in the tin; I extracted cake bits and goo but it is a bit of a mess.  I'm sure nobody will notice once I've tarted it up with chocolate icing, buttons and flakes.  After all it is chocolate; so is the kitchen.

And here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment