Thursday, October 20, 2011

Here and now

I have to secretly admit it is rather nice having Mr Smith at home as he does goodly tasks.  At this very moment he is at the tip with our garden rubbish.  However, it is my duty as a wife of a newly, and I hope temporarily, unemployed/retired man to moan.  I don't like being nagged or monitored.  The thing is with him doing all the tasks I don't really need to .... so I don't.  He thinks I am really idle, which I am, and I think he's rather bossy.  I know doing a bit of knitting or reading my book are not on Mr Smith's list of approved passtimes but I am happy doing them.  Anyway, I am off now to do a massive amount of nothing in my other house and gaze at the sea for hours on end with nobody monitoring my state of inertia.

Mr Smith assures me he has some form of employment lined up and will be starting it as soon as he has sorted things out with the stupid tossers who sacked him and now wish they hadn't.  This reminds me of Bridgit, a friend from years ago, whose husband told her he worked for an oil company.  She believed him, as one would, but one day she phoned him at the office and they'd never heard of him.  She even used to drop him off there every day on her way to work.  I actually don't care if Mr Smith is just going to the library every day, at least he won't be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment