Monday, October 17, 2011

He's home again

The Lovely Claudia is coming round today which is always a joy; the dog gets particularly excited.  The only hazard to this happening is the lurking of Mr Smith.  Haven't you got a job to go to?  Oh woops, no sorry.  Haven't you got some wine to catalogue? oh no you sold it.  Oh well, could you just piss off then?  I want to show the Lovely Claudia all the things I have been making of late but I don't really want Mr Smith to know that I've started a few new projects before finishing any old ones.  "What do you want another patchwork quilt for?"  I want them to put over my knees because you are too mean to turn on the heating.  I will hand them to guests as they walk through the door so they can wear them and not die of hypothermia in our sitting room.

Mr Smith returned from foreign parts with gifts, as well he should.  He bought me a beautiful bottle of something orange.  It might be bubble bath or something you drink.  I don't care; it's so gorgeously naff I will just admire it.  I like that sort of gift - My hero.  He also bought me a mosquito bracelet in preparation for my forthcoming trip to the Caribbean. Actually, it's an anti-mosquito bracelet to be precise.  Just the one?  Am I to become a biological experiment of  "Oh look, it works, she's hardly bitten on the left arm at all, but as for the right - pass the pen for dot to dot."  I note he got it in my correct size - large.  I might have to rectify this prior to the trip but there again I don't want my rubber bug-bracelet to be too big.

I have done spiffingly well on ebay over the weekend.  You do need to be someone who enjoys wrapping parcels to play this game.  Oh I do.  Off go Internet Dating Jane's shoes, a bag I wish I hadn't sold and some other rubbish.  What next?  No, I'll never get him into a parcel however good I am at wrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment