Saturday, October 15, 2011

Infra Dig

My day started very early with a tour of the North Circular all the way to Muswell Hill to drop the Best Boy off at his film shoot.  He was joined by other Best Boy clones all looking similarly yobby and as though early mornings don't really suit them. None of them get paid for these jobs but then the films aren't exactly box office raves.  I did despair of the Best Boy never having paid work and being a strain in our finances but then Clever Alison pointed out that, as he went straight from school to university, this could be deemed as his Gap year and he is spending it in an educational way rather than doing drugs in Thailand or getting RSI from Playstation.  True.

BB's girlfriend (yes, he has one and she is super nice) bought me loads of tulip bulbs from Amsterdam that I dug into shallow graves.  The ground is so hard due to the lack of rain but the glorious sunshine induces gardening.  Mr Smith was dead snotty the other day (now there's a change) and asked me if I ever do any gardening.  OK, not recently and, if the truth be told, the absolute mere minimum i.e. just enough to keep it out of the house.  The Apprentice and I went to B&Q and bought loads of daffs which I will plant tomorrow and dig up all the tulips.

The quilt is all done but for the quilting which is a bit difficult.  I'll work on it a bit more then show you.  It was very quick and I would happily do another one ... but not until I have finished the two I'm working on.  I'll start something else instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment