Saturday, October 8, 2011

Staying in

I had to sneak my recent purchases of new crafty things, gleaned from Alexandra Palace yesterday, into the house without Mr Smith noticing and passing his usual comments of "But you already have 80 unfinished projects.  Why on earth are you buying more?"  Carina told me a great story of how she parked a bit of surreptious shopping in the rubbish bin with the intention of bringing it into the house when her husband was out or not looking.  Somehow the moment never arose and the bin men came.  There went her new shoes!

I am a bad wife.  I refused to go to the golf dinner dance with Mr Smith.  Well, wouldn't you?  Callista was apparently so jealous of me at home with jelly babies for dinner in front of Corrie with a new episode of Outnumbered for pudding.  The only unfortunate thing was Mr Smith got a bit pissed and told them all that I wasn't really ill but skiving because I hate them all especially the golf captain.  True!  but I love Callista even if she is thinner than a brittle stick.  Actually, that wasn't such a bad move on his part as it now lets me off the hideous ordeal of Mr & Mrs W Brown-Nose's housewarming party of their ridiculously expensive but very boring house in Wimbledon tonight.  I can stay in and watch X Factor and start my new knitting. Perhaps Callista could pop round to join me - she'd only eat one jelly baby and I'd let her have any colour she likes, except red or black of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment