Friday, October 7, 2011

Ooop North ... London

Mrs Smith Mother of Mr Smith and I went all the way to Hampstead to deliver the quilt to find the shop was closed.  Oh!  Well, we pottered around Hampstead and found some lovely shops where we wanted everything but could afford nothing.



At the Royal Academy, earlier, I bought a lovely bright and bouncy scarf.  It was the first cold day since I can remember but I didn't dress adequately so I really needed the boingy scarf to keep me warm.  The Degas exhibition was dancy and not too soppy and we enjoyed it.  There were a few bits of film to enhance the theme of ballet one of which showed a naked man doing his dance movements.  It was subtly darkened in the vicinity of his vital bits though I did find my mother-in-law leering at it until I explained that bit was the shadow of the man's hand infront of his body.  She looked relieved and we moved on.

Today I went to The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace.  It was far far away but worth the journey for the magnificent view across London if nothing else.  I attended a workshop on knitting on broom handles that made me realise I never want to do that which was a good thing as I had always thought I might.  I actually had a lovely day out and wish I had stayed longer and seen more of the good stuff and less of the hideous cross stitch patterns and ugly knitting. I made a few purchases, as one does.  Mr Smith is going away to play golf soon so I will need a new project to never finish and I now have several.

No comments:

Post a Comment