Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What shall we do with a drunken sailor?

It is a gloriously sunny day and the temptation to stay in bed reading my wonderful book "The Help" with the sun streaming through the window was very great.  However, the senior dalek is on the prowl so it was gardening for me.  Firstly I cleaned the deck of the shed which was very hard work; I scrubbed it imagining I was a deck hand on a ship whilst singing sea shanties.  I only know one so it got a trifle repetitive.  Then I had to spray the deck with water but Mr Smith pretended he couldn't hear me asking him to turn on the hose.  "It's not my gardening day."  Oh I see, well what is the occupation of the day then?   I then mopped the deck as it is very difficult to get the water out of those little grooves.  Oh how I dislike decking; some people cover their whole gardens in it.  Whilst it was drying I teak oiled all our garden furniture ready for winter then I planted 112 daffodils until I couldn't find any more spaces though I know when they appear there will be chasms of emptiness in the flower beds.  I suggested Mr Smith might admire my goodly tasks or at least give me words of encouragement. "Is that it?  Get a move on you lazy cow."

I am now sitting in the sun and am about to read some more of this wonderful book that I am so enjoying "The Help", do the crossword and a bit of quilting then have a little nap and see if it's Mr Smith's dog walking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment