Thursday, October 13, 2011

Early birds get worms

My family all got up at the lark's fart this morning to whizz off to different parts of the globe leaving the dog and me in perfect peace.  The Best Boy (the son formerly known as the Student) has gone off to make a film in Whitechapel and is due on set at no later than 6am. This is a posh film with real actors as seen on tv and not just in Casualty. The Apprentice has gone to his apprentice electrician's job in Uxbridge and Mr Smith and his golf clubs have gone to the airport to catch an early plane to Majorca.

I will miss Mr Smith as he has been rather handy about the home of late.  Although it's not my idea of heaven to be monitored during the day, it is nice having someone to chat to other than the dog.  However, I am going to delight in messing up the house to my heart's content whilst he is away. I will lounge in bed and watch catch-up Corrie and knit things and leave them strewn about and start a whole new project despite still having loads of unfinished ones.

I recently bought a "Make it in a Weekend" quilt kit.  Mmmmm.  How much of it exactly can you make in a weekend?  Should it be a Bank Holiday and do you have any meals?  I will make a start today and we'll see what we have by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment