Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stubborn trousers

I have a pair of jeans for sale on ebay.  They are very smart jeans purchased years ago in a thin moment but I was a bit overoptimistic.  I never actually managed to cram my fat backside into them and the legs were stupidly tight.  I was going to take them back to Selfridges but the girl was a bit snotty so I never summoned up the courage to go back for fear I might burst into tears with "My bum's too big and I can't fit it into your stupid trousers and it's all your fault for frightening me and making me buy them."  I just left them in my wardrobe to grow.  Three years later I have put them on ebay as never worn, brand spanking new jeans.  Nobody likes them.  I now feel sorry for them sitting there all unbid for with only a day to go.  Maybe I'll get Designer Susan to bid them up a bit for me - they're even less likely to fit her!

I went to a party with Mr Smith last night.  I had avoided the previous two on the grounds of ill health or some other such lame excuse.  I really had to go to this one for fear of people thinking it might be terminal.  It was dull except the brilliant Callista was there and she's great fun.  I did have a jolly time - I think.  I certainly had a hangover this morning but not too awful.  There was a horrid woman there who I hated with a vengeance when my children were babes and I remembered why.  She was bossy, snotty and horribly good at games, particularly tennis and was extraordinarily mean to me when I turned up to my first (and last) ladies tennis morning with my old school dunlop maxply racquet - they all had titanium ones ... several.  She looks a hundred years old but can't be a lot older than me - must be all that rushing about the tennis court.  I'd rather be fat jolly me with not an inkling of bat and ball sense whatsoever.  I flirted with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment