Sunday, October 9, 2011

Goodly Tasks

Yesterday I decided to finish some projects before starting any new ones.  Why?  Well, Mr Smith snoops a bit these days.  Well, he doesn't actually go through drawers but with not being employed and hanging around the house he is more observant of my daily activity.  Anyway, I dug out a big pale pink chunky soft cardigan that I knitted about two years ago but never finished.  I actually sewed it up.  I then put it on and looked big and pink and chunky.  Why didn't I look like the 16 year old blonde swedish model in the snow on the pattern?  It is hideous.  "You could put it in the dog basket" suggested Mr Smith but the dog looked suitably horrified so I didn't.  I have hung it up and tried to make it look designery.  Nope, it just ain't working.  OK then I'll threaten to wear it unless Mr Smith lets us turn on the heating.


I have spent this morning turning out my wardrobe, packing away all the summer clothes and replacing them with ill fitting winter ones.  I had three bags marked Faith, Hope and Charity.  Faith are things that I have totally lost faith in as they are just too old and awful and need to be chucked.  Hope is diet related - one day they'll fit.  Charity - well you can work that out for yourself but I would prefer a more deserving charity than the oversubscribed Oxfams and Cancers in our high street.  I then have another bag called Greed - this is for all things Ebayable.  I am doing well.  My account now stands at £109.89.  "Oh good" says Mr Smith, you can pay the heating bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment