Friday, October 21, 2011

Ships that pass in the night

The view of the Isle of Wight was fabulously clear and at night it twinkled like a sparkly necklace with the passing ships hanging off it like gleaming jewels.

I did the pub quiz at which I was fabulously swotty, saw friends and made new friends and ate the remains of a Chinese takeaway I had in my freezer and was then sick all night long.  This morning I felt much better so I took a little sea air as one does, bought a loaf of bread that looks like a hedgehog and went to visit the Flower Boys who did me a good deal on their friday flowers - end of week special or something.  I love our seaside village as it's very 'butcher baker candlestick maker' and you can take your time pottering around each shop or you can always go to Tesco if you can't be arsed like Mr Smith.

I met my neighbour, Bossy Cow June, who was sporting a jersey of such hideousness I wanted to scream.  I then realised it was the exact pattern I had just knitted for a washcloth.  I had been wondering how it would translate into a garment - now I know.  Admittedly it was in tangerine acrylic and not cream soft cotton.  Each to their own.

I have an admirer!  He is a van driver for the local greengrocers.  Gosh, I don't half pull em.  I am thinking of having an I'm Not Interested T-shirt printed.  I'm not actually sure it would make much difference; I think there's something in the beer in West Sussex and it ain't bromide.

No comments:

Post a Comment