Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Doctor Smarty

I took my vile germ to the new doctors' surgery where I saw a very young, alarmingly good looking doctor who gave me a cursory glance and a prescription.  Weehee, I now have antibiotics and feel triumphant though I did think he could have been a little more thorough.  I think he was probably once nice but had watched a little too much Doc Martin and was practising "off hand".  As he had kept me waiting a very impolite 45 minutes, I thought it should have all begun with an apology and a thank you for waiting.  Oh well, such is life and I will now be able to enjoy mine.  The new surgery is very new and very big, amalgamating almost all Putney doctors, but just as hopelessly inefficient as ever with the same dreadful copies of the Lady from 1997 and a vile old bat of a receptionist.

It's the last day of my antique quilt on ebay and I just can't wait to be shot of the thing. I don't think its going to go up any more as there are only two people interested.  There are 10 hrs left and it is currently £33.97p.  I am thinking about bidding myself to push the price up a bit but then I might end up with the damned thing forever; like this cough.

Yesterday, in a bid to finish the crossword and not appear thick, I made up loads of words.  They all look plausible words but don't actually exist. (Thearchy, grache, casulin and schull). Well, to save face I shall have to make them exist and am going to slot them all into everyday conversation until everyone starts using them then they'll be real words like innit.  Oh apparently thearchy is a word and it's right - how amazing.  I'm not as stupid as I thought even if I would have difficulty dropping thearchy into casual conversation with Mr Smith over my inability to wash up as I'm too superior in a godlike way (and still unwell).

No comments:

Post a Comment