Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TV dinners

Dinner was fine; I distracted them with University Challenge and permitted food infront of the telly with ketchup to cover the burnt bits.  My friend Callista told me she is such a dreadful cook her children used to love school dinners.  She is the shape of a teensy skinny stick and I don't think she ever eats.

By the way dear Best Boy, singing Petula Clark's Downtown very loudly does mar the enjoyment of my costume drama, especially when everyone else joins in, even the dog.  Maggie Smith raised her eyebrows and lowered the edges of her mouth in an even more horrified manner than usual ... and now I've got it stuck on my brain.  Downtown where all the lights are bright Downtown, Downtown.  I had to get the butler to change the channel.

It's the Grannies' birthdays this week.  I made some pretty lavender bags for mother-in-law but by the time I'd bought her a card, packed the things and paid for the postage I may as well have bought her a really expensive gift!  Then there's my mother.  I sent her a book via Amazon which they gift wrapped - far more economical.

No comments:

Post a Comment